This 1966 Morris Minor Estate “The Traveller” finished in Honolulu blue with contrasting red vinyl upholstery.
The Morris Minor debuted at the Earls Court Motor Show in 1948 the Series II cars ran from 1953 until 1956.
This 3rd generation Morris Minor 1000 series was an earlier nut & bolt restoration by Frost Brothers in Knysna.
Initially a 2-door saloon & convertible, the 4-door from 1950, the estate, panel van & pick-up truck from 1953.
The Traveller featured an external structural ash (wood) frame for the rear bodywork with side hinged rear doors.
Estates were built at Cowley minus their rear bodies, wood frame bodies were added at the factory in Abington.
The 1962 -72 Minor 1000 series had a 1,098 cc A-series inline-four 36 kW at 5,100 rpm & 80 N-m at 2,500 rpm
A wood framed estate “the traveller” is considered a classic example of automotive design typifying Englishness